Have a yummy recipe to share? We love trying new recipes!
Prep time 15 min
Cook time 30+ min depending on your oven
150 g flour
300 ml milk
100 g brown sugar (original recipe says 200 g of white sugar, but I find it too sweet for my taste)
30 g salted butter
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Whisk dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder) in one bowl.
2. Beat egg yolks with butter lemon zest in another bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Slowly add lemon juice to yolks, zest and butter mixture and mix well.
4. Then mix in milk and dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
5. In a clean bowl beat egg whites till stiff peaks.
6. Carefully mix in whites to the yolks mixture.
7. Transfer mixture into prepared cake pan and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean at 180 degrees.
8. Let it cool and dust with icing sugar. Enjoy!