When It’s time for a snack I tend to make either
These corn crackers are soft and sweet while still warm but crunchy and crispy the next day.
The recipe is easy and the final result is delicious.
- 80 g butter
- 140 g white plain flour
- 140g corn flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150 ml milk
- 170 g canned corn
- Melt the butter in a pot or in a dish in the microwave. Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, drained corn and mix together. Gradually add the milk and knead for on a floured surface for about 5 min.
- Roll out the dough in a 1cm thick layer and cut into rectanglers.
- Dunk every peace in the melted butter and place on a baking tray layered with baking paper.
- Bake at 200C for about 15 – 20 min until golden brown.
- Let them cool down for a while before consuming. Store in an airtight container.
Enjoy them while still warm, soft and have the most intensive corn taste or when completely cooled down.
After 2-3 days they get more crunchy and with less corn flavour. I like them either way. You can spread them with cream cheese but also just plain they can be a good companion to soups and salads.