Pregnant and want to know about giving birth before the big event? Then our Antenatal classes are the way to go. Led by a Qualified Childbirth Educator, the classes cover the following:
- Health and nutrition
- Stretching and exercise
- Understanding your changing body
- Understanding the stages of labour
- Relaxation and coping stratagies
- Pain relief and medical procedures
- Birthing options: homebirth, birthing unit and hospital
- Feeding and caring for your newborn
- Suggested equipment for your newborn
- Practical skills – changing nappies, bathing and bedtime
- Support available
You will meet with other parents who are sharing the same experience as you, and establishment of a coffee group (a life-line for many new parents!)
Our Childbirth Education classes run for seven weeks, on Wednesday nights from 7:00pm until 9:00pm. We recommend that you book early to avoid disapointment at not being able to secure a place on the course. Check out the calendar for each month to see when our next classes will be run.
Courses are best booked so you start them between 27-32 weeks of pregnancy, to ensure there is not too much of a gap at the end of the course and your baby being born. The only exception to this is if you are expecting multiples, then it is recommended you start the course as early as 24 weeks.
Our classes are very popular, and to avoid disappointment please contact us as early as possible to secure your booking, many people often book from 12-14 weeks.