Super simple, festive and ideal for crafting together with kids. I am sure most of you know this traditional craft very well, but just in case, a quick reminder on how to make it. For those with that crafty tingling in their fingers I have also sourced some other ideas to give this classic paper chain link garland an inspirational twist.
For my Christmas garland I used a piece of Christmas coloured wrapping paper. You can also use any other paper, but it should be thin enough for easy bending.
All you need for the project is:
- a piece of paper
Cut stripes about 1.5 cm wide and 15 cm long each. The more you make the longer your garland will be.
When you have enough, tape stripes into rings and join them together creating a paper chain. Yep, this is it, easy as!
And here are some more ideas on how to pump this classic craft up a bit:
- add glitter or use glittered paper
- use white lace-like paper, to make an impression of beautiful snowflakes
- make tiny garlands to decorate cakes and muffins
- upcycle old music sheets or magazines
- write down best wishes or good memories on the stripes of paper and then make a garland of them
- use kids craft scissors to make scallops, zigzag and other sort of paper stripes edges
Enjoy, have fun, stay safe and have a very Merry Christmas!